5 ways I’ve worked my frugality muscles this past week:
- We are participating in the Uber Frugal Month Challenge! I use the term “we” loosely…it’s really me, trying to sprinkle a few ideas over to my husband. It has been an interesting exercise so far, as he operates a lot differently than I do. There may be more to say on this later in the month as we see how the challenge plays out. Stay tuned!
- Related to #1, we are focusing on reducing our food spend outside the house this month, so we each have a set budget. I brought leftovers to work for lunch Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- I work in finance for a publicly traded company. Once a quarter, when lots of people are super busy doing the accounting close for the quarter, they do a free lunch for the organization. It’s not great food (our work cafeteria caters it), but it’s not terrible either. Free food tastes better, right?
- Pork shoulder was on sale last weekend at the store so we did a pork shoulder in the slow cooker. We had it for two different meals already (nachos and pulled pork sandwiches), still have leftovers in the frig, AND I froze some for a future meal. Winning!
- With the cold snap we’ve been experiencing it’s been more noticeable how different the temperature is on different floors of our house. The upstairs may be toasty, while the downstairs (where the man cave resides) can be a little frigid. My hubs asked last weekend about buying a space heater. Guess what? I already own one, from before we got married! I dug it out of the garage and he happily started using it.
How have you started off the year?