It’s Frugal Friday y’all!
Some frugal things for this week:
- Used my Discover card when I bought a tank of gas. Gas is one of the 5% cash back categories this quarter! That was like an extra DOLLAR of cash back, people. 🙂
- Those extra dollars add up to…more gift cards I can buy. I get $50 Chipotle gift cards for $45 in cash back. I used one of those cards yesterday to have a “free” lunch with my friend.
- The other 4 days this week I packed lunch.
- For coffee at work I usually fill up a reusable K-cup canister from the bag of coffee I have stashed beneath the team Keurig. However, yesterday I went to our Starbucks cafe at work with my friend as a treat (and to stave off sleepiness from my restless child’s lack of sleep the night before). Instead of buying a latte, I bought an Americano and added a little cream. This hack usually saves at least $1.50. Also? Because it’s an infrequent splurge, I REALLY enjoyed it.
- Last year I bought small Christmas gifts for our daughter’s daycare teachers. Each teacher got a favorite drink and snack along with a Target gift card. Well, one of those teachers was on maternity leave at Christmas and decided not to come back to work. I’ve been holding on to the gift and now realized that I can reuse that Target gift card. Looks like I’ll be buying some “free” paper towels and Kleenex this weekend!
I’m also very happy to report there were no outrageous unanticipated household expenses this week so I feel really good about the week’s spending.
How was your week?