Hi! I’m JP, longtime personal finance geek.
Some things to know about me:
- I have an undergrad degree in finance and an MBA.
- As a grad student I taught a class on personal finance.
- In my first job out of grad school, I educated people about why and how to invest in their workplace retirement plans.
- I’m the main breadwinner in my household, and the manager of the household finances.
- The birth of our daughter at the beginning of 2017 refocused efforts to maximize our financial position.
- I’m tracking progress towards our financial freedom goal here on the blog.
The FIRE (financially independent/retired early) community has been a huge source of inspiration on how to live well and still save with intensity. That community is why I decided to start this blog!
Here you’ll find discussions on personal finance as it relates to work, parenting, marriage, and saving for retirement.